动词加油站
04-13Ctrl+D 收藏本站
Get与各种介词构成的丰富含义
1 get along
和睦相处
A Sometimes Mommy and Daddy don\'t get along, and one of them wants to go off to be by herself for a while.
有时妈妈和爸爸相处不好,其中一个人就会想到别的地方清静一下。
B When is Mommy coming back?
妈妈什么时候回来?
Kramer vs. Kramer
2 get into
进入,参与,加入,处于
1.A I got into Columbia.
我被哥伦比亚大学录取了。
B Serena, that\'s wonderful.
瑟琳娜,这真是太棒了。
Gossip Girl(4*1)
2.A What really got you into this place?
你是怎么陷入这种境地的?
B Who knows?
谁知道呢?
Gossip Girl(3*1)
3 get into trouble
陷入困境,处于麻烦之中
A You can get into trouble for that.
你这样会惹上麻烦的。
B Who am I going to tell?
我跟谁说去?
Nikita(1*2)
4 get away
逃跑,逃避
1.A Final tally.
这是最终的统计结果。
B Looks like they got away with$8. 2 million.
看上去他们卷走了820万。
White Collar(2*2)
2.A Look, I don\'t mean to pry, but hard time or not, why would Dan lie to you?
我不想多管闲事。但不管怎样,丹(男子名)为什么要骗你?
B I don\'t know. Because he\'s looking for an excuse to get away and notdeal with everything.
我不知道。也许他在找借口逃避吧。他想躲开一切。
Gossip Girl(4*3)
5 get over
1)从(疾病、痛苦、震惊)中恢复过来;把……忘怀
A What if I never get over Chuck?
如果我永远都忘不了查克怎么办?
B You will. You will see.
你会的。一定会的。
Gossip Girl(4*2)
2)说服;战胜(困难等)
A Can I ask you something?When are you gonna get over your parents?
我能问你个问题吗?你什么时候才能接纳你的父母?
B You don\'t understand what they\'re like?They\'re gonna get you, too.
你不清楚他们是什么样的人?他们也会麻烦你的。
Everybody Loves Raymond(1*22)
6 get wind of
听说,获悉
A She runs a blog that tracks government activities.
她建立了一个博客,专门追踪政府的活动。
B How did she get wind of our operation?
她怎么知道我们这次行动?
Nikita(1*3)
7 get through
通过;经历
A Nobody said anything about breaking in.
没人说要闯进去。
B Look, even if we could get through these doors which we can\'t, they\'d see us.
听着,就算我们可以闯过这些门,他们也会看到我们的。再说我们也闯不进去。
White Collar(2*2)
8 get face out
出名
A The press loves it. And it gets your face out there.
媒体就喜欢这样,它会让你大红大紫的。
B Not my idea. But I like it.
我可没这么想。不过,我喜欢这样。
Make It or Break It(1*11)
9 get in touch with
接触;联系
1.A We can\'t let him get in touch with that boat.
我们不能让他联系上那艘船。
B Easy, Scotty, everything\'s cool. Boat\'s on the way.
放松点儿,斯科蒂,一切就绪,船在路上了。
Lost(4*1)
2.A I\'m getting in touch with him right now, but I can take care of this on myself.
我正在联络他,不过这次我就能处理。
B This is why we hired Mr. Mahone.
请马宏先生就是来做这个的。
Prison Break(2*10)
10 get by
过日子,维持
1.A How is he doing these days?
他近来过得怎么样?
B He\'s getting by.
他勉强度日。
CSI:Las Vegas(4*19)
2.A How can you walk around with no money?
你不带钱怎么出门啊?
B I\'m cute. I get by.
我漂亮啊,别人请我吃饭。
The Big Bang Theory(4*2)
Get in Control控制
“get”的内容结束了,不知你是否有所收获?
关于“get”有一个非常有用的词组,get in control。人生需要自己把握,只有善于驾驭自我的人,才能活得最快乐。电影《Kung Fu Panda》(《功夫熊猫》)中有一段很有意思的对话,值得我们在学习之余回味。
当阿宝的师傅得知泰龙已逃出大牢,前往山谷时,心急如焚。阿宝一点都不像是能够继承神龙大侠衣钵的人,他连基本的功夫都学不会,怎么办呢?师傅只好去求助于乌龟大师。以下就是他们之间的对话:
A:Look at this tree, Shifu. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me.Nor make it bear fruit before its time.
看看这棵树,师傅。我不能随心所欲让它开花,也不能提前让它结出果实。
B:But there are things we can control. I can control when the fruit will fall.I can control where to plant the seed.That is no illusion, Master.
可有些事情我们是能控制的。我能控制果子什么时候落地,我还能控制在哪里种下种子。大师,这可不是说着玩的。
A:Ah……yes, but no matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange.But you will get a peach.
是的。可无论你怎么做,这粒种子都会长成桃树。你可能想要苹果或是橘子,可它只会结出桃子。
B:But a peach cannot defeat Tai Lung.
可一个桃子打不赢泰龙。
A:Maybe it can, if you are willing to guide it, to nurture it. To believe in it.
或许它可以。如果你愿意引导它,培育它,并且相信它。
在这段对话中,通过乌龟大师之口,讲明了一个关于“控制”的重要概念:什么是可以控制的,什么是不可以控制的。控制的力量再强,也不可以改变事物本来的性质,违背时间的法则。如果时候未到就想收获果实“make it bear fruit before its time”,那只能是徒劳无功。桃树就是桃树,只能结出桃子。“No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree”,所以做事情应该顺应事物本性,引导与培育它“guide it, to nurture it”,最终才会带来自然而然的结果“you will get a peach”。对于我们来说,就是要把握能够把握的,才能赢得自己的未来。