动词加油站

04-13Ctrl+D 收藏本站

关灯 直达底部

1 go on

发生;进行

1.A Hey, what\'s going on here?

这里发生了什么事?

B Your friends are trying to have me removed.

你的朋友想把我赶走。

Make It or Break It(1*1)

2.A I just got your text.What\'s going on?

我刚收到你的短信。怎么了?

B You didn\'t tell me that you were bringing me to a family event.

你可没说带我来参加的是家族聚会。

Gossip Girl(3*4)

3.A I wanna go on the mission.

我想参加此次任务。

B Maybe next time.

下次吧。

Nikita(1*3)

4.A Anything is going on with you two?

你们俩是不是在谈恋爱?

B No, what?Are you kidding?

没有,怎么可能。

The Big Bang Theory(1*5)

2 go through

1)遭受;经历;忍受

A I think he went through one hell of a trauma.

他觉得他经受了很重的创伤。

B Well, it\'s gonna take him some time to become himself again.

嗯,要他重新做回自己还需要点时间。

Gossip Girl(4*2)

2)仔细检查;审查

A We\'ll go through it tonight frame by frame.

今晚我们一个动作一个动作地进行分析。

B Okay. I can\'t agree with you more.

我再同意不过了。

Make It or Break It(1*1)

3)(法律等)被通过

A I can\'t go through with this. You need to call her and cancel.

在这种情况下,我无法履行原先的约定,你给她打个电话取消吧。

B What should I tell her?

要我跟她说什么呢?

The Big Bang Theory(1*2)

3 go out

1)外出,出门(尤指为了消遣)

A I\'m going out for a while.

我要出去一下。

B Okay.

好的。

The Big Bang Theory(2*8)

2)与异性交往

1.A We\'re not going out anymore.I should pay for myself.

我们已经分手了,我应该自己付钱。

B Never mind. I got it.

算了,我请了。

The Big Bang Theory(4*2)

2.A How do you know I\'m going out with Charlie?

你怎么知道我在和查理约会?

B My dad just told me.

我爸爸告诉我的。

The West Wing(1*6)

4 go after

追求;追逐

A I\'m done with Penny. I\'m going to be more realistic and go after someone on my own speed.

我和佩妮结束了。我要更现实些,去追求跟我合拍的人。

B Like who?

比如是谁呢?

The Big Bang Theory(1*2)

5 go against

违背;反对;对(某人)不利

A They murder anyone who goes against them.

谁跟他们作对,就会被他们消灭掉。

B That\'s horrible.

太可怕了。

Numbers(2*5)

6 go ahead

继续,进行

A Why don\'t I talk to her for a minute or two?

我想和她商量一下,行吗?

B Okay, you go ahead.

好的,你们商量吧。

Everybody Loves Raymond(1*22)

7 go along with

赞成,支持

A You don\'t always have to go along with what the woman wants.

你不一定总是要按照女人的意思生活。

B You got it. I need my space.

你说得对。我想要点私人空间。

The Big Bang Theory(2*10)

8 go around

传播

A It\'s okay to be smarter than everybody, but you can\'t go around pointingit out.

比大家都聪明是好事,但你不能到处显摆。

B Why not?

为什么不行?

A Because people don\'t like it.

因为别人不喜欢!

The Big Bang Theory(1*4)

9 go back to

回到;回复

A Promise we won\'t go back to our old ways.

答应我,我们再也不会像以前那样。

B Like you said, that was high school.

就像你说的那样,那都是高中时的事了。

Gossip Girl(4*1)

10 go off the rails

偏离轨道

A You\'d think I\'d gone off the rails again.

你会认为我又偏离正轨了。

B Did you?

不是吗?

Gossip Girl(3*1)

11 go for

试图得到;争取获得,求得

A You\'ll grow accustomed to dealing with me in this configuration.

你就会渐渐习惯和这样的我打交道。

B That\'s what I was going for.

我也是这么想的。

The Big Bang Theory(4*2)

12 go into

进入;从事(某种职业)

A If I ever did a perfect time-machine, I would just go into the past.

如果我发明了完美的时间机器,我会回到过去。

B Interesting.

有意思。

The Big Bang Theory(1*4)

13 go out of

出来

A He really went out of his way this time.

这次,他确实跑掉了。

B What else do you have?

你还有什么要告诉我的?

Prison Break(2*5)

14 go too far

做得或说得太过分

A I went too far, didn\'t I?

我太过分了,是吗?

B A little bit.

有点儿。

Friends(7*8)

15 go the distance

坚持到底

A This thing is going the distance.

这事能成。

B I hope so.

但愿如此。

The Big Bang Theory(1*2)

从数字表达看思维差异

学习英语的最高境界其实就是成功地转换思维,即从中文思维方式转换到英文思维方式。可以说,转换的频率越高,切换得越自如,对两种语言的掌握就越好。以英汉两种语言对数词的表达方式为例,体会一下这种差别(括号里是英文的直接翻译)。

一目了然:see with half an eye(用半个眼睛去看)

一模一样:as alike as two peas(两个豆子的比较)

三言两语:in a few words;in one or two words(一些话与一两个词的比较)

三心二意:to be in two minds(两个头脑中的思考)

三思而后行:look before you leap(跳之前先看看)

三三两两:by ones and twos(一一二二)

四面八方:all directions;all quarters;all around;far and near(“all”代表一切)

七嘴八舌:all talking at once(仍然是“all”代表一切)

乱七八糟:at sixes and sevens(六与七的比较)

半斤八两:six of one and half-a-dozen of the other(一打的一半:六个)

十之八九:ten to one(十与一的对比)

十全十美:be perfect in every way;be out of this world;to the nines(只有九,没有十)

百里挑一:one in a thousand(千里挑一)

我们可以看到,英汉相同数词在表达同一情境时往往是不对应或不完全对应。比如三三两两,英文用:by ones and twos(一一二二)。乱七八糟:at sixes and sevens(六与七的比较);而四面八方:all directions;all quarters;all around;far and near用all代表了视角范围内的一切角落。

由此,我们可以看出,比较之后,才能找到差异,获得记忆时的要点。